From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:35:43 -0500
Dear April-

Here we do a lot of both label and photograph mounting for exhibit purposes.
We use a Simplexplus Mat Cutter by Logan (model # 750) for both matte board
and foam core. You can adjust the blade depth for which ever material you
are using and includes both a straight and a beveled edge cutter.  For
adhesion, we use the 3M Positional mounting adhesive available through light
impressions rather than foam board with the adhesive already attached
because it is more versatile, does not require a thermal mounting press and
can be adjusted during layout if there is a problem.

I would be happy to speak with you regarding this method if you would like.
I also have some simple mounting instructions using positional mount that I
used in with an exhibits class that I taught that you are welcome to look
at.  This technique is very easy and there is no danger of photographic
damage that can be associated with heat presses.  In addition, there is a
very low cost to get started using this technique because you do not need a
heat press.

Hope this is helpful
Tracie Evans
Collections Manager