From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 1994 09:51:43 -0500
I read somewhere, probably the ARLIS list, that the Guggenheim
didn't permanently close their library but were moving it to the
Soho building where most curators have their offices and that they
are trying to integrate it  rather than
keep it a seperate entity. Sounds like what the Chiat/Day
advertising firm is doing with their offices in New York and LA.
Don't know any more about it, do you? Is it time to rethink the
form and function of museum libraries? (I live a few blocks away from
the Soho building so I think it sounds real nifty but the the Gug
harrassed my former gallery, Rosa Esman, into closing so they could
have her space so I'm not inclined to be sympathetic to anything
they do.)

Robbin Murphy