From:
"Vee L. Housman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 22:33:52 +0100
Our Youngstown, NY, museum recently was given a silver plated soccer
trophy that a young boy recently discovered in a dump in Niagara Falls.
The reason he presented it to us was because it was the "Youngstown &
District Soccer Football Cup."  However, we feel that it actually was a
Youngstown, OHIO, trophy and we would like to return it to a local
museum that would want it.

It's about 12" high and 9" in diameter at the top.  The base is about 6"
in diameter and the trophy has the "mandatory" three handles.  Engraved
on it is:  "Won by  [and it lists] Youngstown FC 1921-1922; Niles Eagles
1922-1923; Mahoning Valley FC 1923-1924; Mahoning Valley FC 1924-1925;
Mahoning Valley FC 1925-1926."

It also indicates that it was plated by Reed & Barton and there is the
number 144.

It's very tarnished and a bit ascew but I know that if one of our local
"treasures" were dug up in some far-off place, it would be marvelous to
have it returned to "from whence it came!"

If anyone in the local Youngstown, OH, area knows of a museum that would
appreciate its return, please let me know.  We have a museum trustee who
is willing to hand deliver it with loving care!

Vee Housman
Youngstown, New York