From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:03:13 -0700
Some of you have really caught my drift when it comes
to looking for jobs with transferrable skills.  That's
why, when you look at the jobs for MuseJobs, they're
not all limited to being strictly for museums.  I find
leads for museums, zoos, botanical gardens, state
parks, libraries, observatories, galleries, and more.

Then, in the hope of getting these folks employed and
winnowing out those who could/would do something else
if you drew them a picture (smile), I add jobs with
transferable skills.  If some of those who come to the
list find other opportunities through the list, that
narrows the job pool for those who will work for a
museum or they'll die starving.  As an example,
someone with a background in art might be interested
in designing shoes for Nike until the right museum
field comes along.

I have folks on MuseJobs (and please let me remember
and acknowledge my wonderful comoderator, Jim Roberts,
of the University of Leicester) who have jobs and just
keep their eyes open to see if a better opportunity
presents itself.  In addition, there are some
wonderful folks who aid and abet the list by adding
jobs they find along the way.

Again, if you're interested, the link is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs  It's totally
free and run by a volunteer crew.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414