From:
Walter Reinhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:21:12 -0600
Eliot,

The Children's Museum at Navy Pier in Chicago had stream or river in one of
their exhibits. It was about waist high on kids (it sloped down hill so
bigger kids were comfortable at one end and young at the other) and allowed
them to get their hands wet. They played the role of the sun if (I remember
correctly) and pumped water into the clouds, which fell as rain, ran down
the river and into the ocean. They provided raincoats to keep clothes dry.
Pumping the water which the fell with a satisfying patter and the chance to
play with the water as it ran down the river was quite engaging. I remember
having to drag my kids away to other activities. I maybe am remembering some
of the details wrong. Anyone in Chicago remember the details better?

Bill Kulterman, (big Bill), who you might remember from our time at CHS,
constructed it. Last I heard he still worked there with Mike McGowen, also a
CHS alumni.

Walter Reinhardt