From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 1994 12:17:48 -0400
ce or exasperation.
Wrongly addressed missives may however be partly attributed to
the pecularities of mailing programs used. Some will
automatically address a response to the museum-l list, while
others pick out the address of the individual contributer.  If
contributers were to sign their contributions with their name
and electronic address, that, I'm sure would help some.

In the beginning, when I first joined this list I was
downloading the mailing in batch mode.  I found that it was a
really simple matter to go through the batch (sometimes over
100k large) with a wordprocessor, search the threads, save the
items I wanted to keep, and then delete the entire batch.  This
procedures worked quite effortlessly and resulted in my reading
only about ten-percent of the notices.  Perhaps those who find
the list too crowded could change their retrieval method.