From:
Willem de Rooij <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 1994 13:32:30 +0100
Cinimatographe Lumihre

'My brother', said Auguste Lumihre,'invented the cinema in one night, a
night in which Louis was suffering from disturbing dreams and migraine.

On the 22nd of March 1895 Louis Lumihre showed his films 'Workers leaving
the Lumihre factory' and 'Arrival of a train at La Ciotat station' for the
first time, during a scientific talk.

Cinema Centennial
To commemorate 100 years of Cinema I suggested that in 1995, the Dutch
Open Air Museum exhibit one of the last Travelling Cinema's in the
Netherlands (Welte, Dutch Open Air Museum collection).
A special program could show the highlights from 100 years of cinema.

I would like to make contact with other museums that will also have
activities on the theme of 100 year Cinama.

Willem de Rooij