From:
Deborah Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 11:44:52 -0400
Here at the Oakland Museum of California we have a small (a couple hundred)
collection of postage stamps assembled by our first curator between 1910 and
1915.  We would like to upgrade the housing for this collection, and I am
wondering what the current recommendations are for archival storage of
postage stamps?  We would like to use sleeves of some sort for the individual
stamps to facilitate physical sorting of the collection - first by catalogue
number for inventory and record checking and then by Scott number for access
and study.  Advice regarding proper storage and sources for needed supplies
would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Deborah Cooper
Museum Collections Coordinator