From:
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 00:52:57 -0500
This was posted for others by me.

Holly Trimper

POSTING:

The National Trust of Australia is currently investigating the feasibility
of marketing its historic properties and collections through the
application of multimedia technology.

The National Trust has properties and collections throughout Australia. In
New South Wales alone, it owns some 17 properties and a collection of over
30,000 items of furniture, paintings, prints, drawings, photographs,
sculpture, household items, textiles, decorative arts and other objects.

We envisage a CD Rom on display in the public entrance of Trust
headquarters which would provide a brief introduction to some of the
Trust's properties and particular items in its collection.

I am keen to make contact with any institutions which have successfully
produced and marketed such a product. I am particularly interested in
locating an institution which has an historic house focus and which has a
collection similar to ours in size and diversity.

Can anybody help?

[log in to unmask] (Amanda Wise)