From:
Lori Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:29:02 -0500
Hi listers,

We are designing an interactive exhibition that would allow visitors to
ride a Thoroughbred horse simulator. To make the experience more "real", we
are looking at using virtual reality glasses to help the visitor feel like
they are participating in an actual horse race.  How are institutions that
use virtual reality glasses dealing with issues of hygiene (in terms of
both germs and lice)and loss of orientation (that could lead to someone
throwing up all over the horse simulator)?  Do any of you have age/health
restrictions?  We are still in the process of getting information from our
insurance company about their requirements, but I was hoping to get
feedback from others who already use VR glasses.  Any pros/cons I should be
aware of as we start this project?

Thanks for your help,

Lori Fisher
Curator of Collections