From:
Dean DeBolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 1994 13:47:38 CST
Our office of human resources for the University offers a volunteer program
to permit interested folks to work at the University.  Paperwork is required
as these folks ARE covered by workman's compensation if there are injuries
or problems.   However, we have no such requirement that if you were previously
paid for something, you cannot now do it as volunteer work.  Indeed, with all
the grants at the University, the previously-employed individual would have
even better skills, training, and experience at the same work and be an even
more valuable volunteer employee.

Of course, our region is heavily populated with retirees, and we have several
retirement centers bordering on the University.  One has even built its own
bleachers which face our baseball diamond and cheer us on.
Many of the retirees volunteer at the University or take classes tuition-
free.

--Dean DeBolt, University of West Florida