From:
Heather May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 13:36:00 GMT+1000
Obviously a clear, concise, interesting and relevant resume is
imperative in order to gain the attention of a prospective employer
 but is the winner always the one best able to 'sell' themselves?
We have all worked with people who are expert at promoting their
own abilities and many have gone a long way with these skills but are
they always the best ones for the job? Isn't it the role of the employer
to be able to sort the 'sellers' from the 'doers'? Aside from
sales, marketing and promotional jobs where selling skills are the
paramount requirement, it seems to me that the focus
should not be exclusively on the saleability of the applicant but
their ability to perform the tasks you have outlined in your job
description.
HEATHER MAY
Library Assistant (Collections).  Visual Arts Library
Monash University. Clayton. 3168. Australia
Tel : 61 3 9905 4219               Fax : 61 3 9905 4209
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.monash.edu.au/visarts/dept/hm.html