From:
Leonard Will <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:18:16 +0000
In article <[log in to unmask]>, on Mon, 25 Jan 1999 at 15:27:50,
SF Gray <URL: mailto:"390th"@azstarnet.com> writes
>Our policy is that anything designated as "archival" or "artifact" is to
>be handled only while wearing white cotton (museum-issued) gloves.

Is there not a problem, though, that wearing gloves makes your fingers
less sensitive and your movements less precise? It is more difficult to
pick up a single sheet of paper with gloves on, for example, and the
risk of mechanical damage from wearing them has to be set against the
risk of chemical damage from not wearing them. I'd be interested to know
whether the consensus is that they should always be worn.

Leonard Will

--
Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants                 Tel: +44 181 372 0092