From:
Hugh Genoways <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 15:53:46 -0500
Dear Christian:

I found your responses quite interesting, especially concerning the new
journal.  You state "The magazine will bear this title, which is already
entered in the publishing lists. A change of name or a new discussion of
the name is not possible anymore."  If this a new discussion about the
journal title, when did the old discussion occur?  There is nothing in the
publishing business that is so set that it can't get be changed, but I do
find it interesting that the name of the journal is "already entered in
publishing lists."  What exactly does this mean?

 I dont agree that "Wunderkammer is a wonderful word ("Chamber of
wonders")" to use for the title of this journal.  The very point of having
a journal about museology is to get passed the "Chamber of Wonders" stage
of the discipline and explore the underlying theory and science.

The IAM appears to be a done deal and an all German effort.  Why not
present it this way?  You may ultimately make this a European effort, but
it is clear that it will never go beyond that level and those of us outside
of Europe will need to act accordingly.

Sincerely,
Hugh H. Genoways

Dear Hugh,