From:
Michael Cahall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:18:24 -0500
Dear List:

        I am currently involved in a new historical society in our community.  One
of the most active groups within the society is our photographic committee
which is taking picture of the community and is copying old photographs in
private collections.  We are accumulating quite a lot of images, but some
of us on the board have expressed concerns that we do not have releases
from those who own these pictures and the reproduction rights are up in the
air.

        My request is two fold.  First, would any of you who have written
photographic policies be willing to share them with us?  Second, if you
have a release form, either for photographs you copy or for people who want
to use your photographs, would you share that also?

        Thanks in advance for your help.  Any suggestions or examples you are
willing to share will be most gratefully accepted.  Please reply off list.

                                Thanks,

                                Mike Cahall