From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:11:32 -0500
I always use a tag.  I would never want to put anything that might not

come off or which might damage the underlying surface when you take it

off.  Many of our "permanent" marking methods are removable but there is

always a chance that something unknown within the finish or the

materials reacts and leaves a mark.  Therefore, I never take the chance

with property that does not belong to my institution.

Tracie Evans

Curator of Collections

Sauder Village

22611 St. Rt. 2