From:
David Gorodetzky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 12:48:48 -0700
Hi again,

Joe Ansel quickly responded to my post yesterday and pointed out that I
hadn't described the shading on the panels quite correctly.  For those of
you following this thread, Joe's description below is more accurate:

>The two gray panels are identical and are subtle gradients that go
>from light gray to slightly darker gray across their width.  In the exhibit the
>light side of one panel is placed along the dark side of an identical panel.
>With no "horse tail" in place, the clear difference at the edge causes the
>panels to appear different shades of gray even though they are identical
and, of
>course, with the "horse tail" place the entire panel appears to be one shade of
>gray.

I'm experimenting with producing this display electronically by sending
computer generated greyscale shading directly to film.  Again, any
guidelines as to the extremity of the greyscale gradient in each panel would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

* David Gorodetzky                                 /\  /  \      /  \
* NOAA National Geophysical Data Center           /  \/    \ /\ /    \
* Paleoclimatology Program                       /    \        \
* 325 Broadway, Code E/GC                       /        _ @    \
* Boulder, CO 80303                            /       _-\<,_    \
* (303) 497-6297 office / (303) 546-6092 home      ___(*)/ (*)_________