From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:26:25 -0800
Ok, here are a couple of supplemental punts to
Wesley's excellent questions:

1.  If you want to know what a SWOT is, how to do it,
and its significance, there's a whole thread of this
in the archives of the Charity Channel.  Now my feeble
brain is trying to remember which forum it was on, but
it was one of three:  Consultants, Charity Talk, or
Grants.  I don't remember the last name of the person
who ran with this thread, but I do believe I remember
her first cause we share the same first name, same
spelling (Gayle).  You can go to
http://www.charitychannel.com/forums and search the
archives for those three til you find it.  DO use the
archives for your administrative and legal research.

2.  With respect to illegal interview questions, you
may recall that we had a whole thread on that some
time about nine months ago (off the top of my head),
and you can find those in our archives (see the
information John Chadwick, our most humble but
wonderful list pater includes at the bottom of each
and every note for info as to where the archives are
stored).  Use those for reference.  I think I would
search on the words Interview and Indigo.  I only say
me because I know I posted a bunch on that one.

3.  There is some interviewing and job prep
information in the Topics section of my web site (in
the link below my name in my sig file).

HOWEVER, please note that, if you are using my web
site, know that it's targeted to be down the 13th
through the 16th when the host--FortuneCity--upgrades
their hardware.  I have 40 more links I want to add to
the site on a plethora of employment related topics,
as soon as I can figure out where in the hell
FortuneCity moved the damned files.  Grrrrr.

> 4.  Has the organization completed a SWOT report
> recently (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities,
> Threats)?  Will they provide you with a copy?  What
> is really important.......are  they name (and agree
> to) the major SWOTs without looking at the report
> and give you a 1 to 2 minute oral synopsis of the
> report?

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try: