From:
Christine Castle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:53:29 -0500
(Please excuse cross-postings.)

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Museum Education Monitor
Prototype Evaluation!*  Responding to needs expressed by museum educators
around the world, a
bi-monthly report on museum education and interpretation is now available
(February 2004).

The Museum Education Monitor (MEM) surveys websites,
listserv discussions, articles, reports, books, ongoing research, and
professional development opportunities in our field. Annotations are
included to help you choose amongst the plethora of information.

MEM monitors English language materials in Canada, the United States, the
United Kingdom, and Australia. With the help of Nathalie Lemelin, we now
also survey French language listservs and publications in Europe and Canada.
In the premier February 2004 issue Kris Wetterlund kindly provides a summary
of key "museum-ed" listserv discussions.

The aim of the Museum Education Monitor is to provide a shared road map for
new and current resources -- with the end goal of enhancing the development
of both theory and practice in our field. If you like the idea of MEM and
would find it
useful, please support our efforts by subscribing at
http://www.mccastle.com/subscribe.asp.
Your support makes it possible for free-lance workers to produce this
publication.

Citations, resources or current research you would like to share with the
museum education community are always welcome. Send them, along with any
comments or criticism you may have, to [log in to unmask] We look forward to
hearing from you!

M. Christine Castle,
Editor
Museum Education Monitor