From:
Susan Tissot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:17:19 -0800

In 1992 I worked as a planning consultant for the exhibit space in the USDA
Forest Service's, Wallowa Mountain Visitor Center in Enterprise, Oregon,
where we included an open storage concept in the design. Underneath each of
the dioramma platforms we housed a series of "discovery drawers." In each
pull out drawer are natural history artifacts (under plexiglass) on one side
with replicas on the other side. Labels were included. Visitors are
encouraged to handle the replicas. The exhibit space is small, approx. 2500
sq.ft.. Our target audience was families with children and school groups.
Not a new idea but a very popular one with visitors.

Susan Gaughan Tissot
Consultant
Washington State University, Vancouver