From:
Lisa Eriksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:38:07 -0800
Pete- I like your idea to consolidate all of this information on one
website.  I coordinate the California Exhibition Resources Alliance (CERA)
program.  CERA is a network of small to medium sized community based museums
and cultural institutions.  Under the auspices of the California Council for
the Humanities, CERA brings high quality exhibitions and public programs to
under-served audiences.  All CERA members face similar challenges-- limited
financial resources as well as limited access to high-quality exhibitions
and public programming.

There are currently over thirty organizations in CERA, most of them small or
rural museums.  Many of the directors of these museums are looking for easy
access to current information on best practices.  Because of limited budgets
and time they are unable to attend professional conferences and/or subscribe
and read a wide variety of museum publications.  Not all of them have access
to the internet, but hopefully that will come in time.  I will ask our
members what specifically they would like to see on a website and let you
know.

Lisa Eriksen
Museum Program Coordinator
California Council for the Humanities