From:
Naomi Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 1994 10:24:26 +0000
A new book (1994) on garden archaeology is:

"The Archaeology of Garden and Field," edited by Naomi F.
Miller and K.L. Gleason. University of Pennsylvania Press (1994)
$28.95

Contents:

To Bound and to Cultivate: An Introduction to the Archaeology
of Gardend and Fields (K.L. Gleason)

Fertilizer in the Identification and Analysis of Cultivated Soil
(N.F. Miller and K.L. Gleason)

Archaeological Palynology of Gardens and Fields (S. Fish)

Remote Sensing of Gardens and Fields (B. Bevan)

The Creation of Cultivable Land through Terracing (J.M. Treacy
and W. M. Denevan)

Methodological Considerations in the Study of Ancient Andean
Field Systems (C.L. Erickson)

The "Celtic" Field Systems on the Berkshire Downs, England
(S. Ford, M. Bowden, V. Gaffney, G.C. Mees)

Techniques for Excavating and Analyzing Buried Eighteenth-Century
Garden Landscapes (A. Yentsch and J. Kratzer)

The Landscapes and Ideational Roles of Carribbean Slave Gardens
(L.M. Pulsipher)

[I tried sending this the other day, but I don't think it worked; sorry
if it is a repeat--N.F. Miller, U of Pa Museum, [log in to unmask]]