From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:28:04 -0400
I sent an address yesterday addressing the corset and other costume myths
discussed here. I apologise for the problems with my website
www.clotheslinejournal.com Earthlink has assured me that the site will be
back up within 24 hours. Please visit as I hope it can answer many
questions and dispell some of the myths floating around out there.

Also, when addressing waist sizes don't forget that modern mannequins are a
different shape than the historic costumes. This brings about great
alterations in the fit of clothing and can harm the garments. Waists often
appear much smaller because of different shaped waists and increased hip
and bust sizes. Surviving garments also do not reflect average sizes
because larger costumes were often worn or altered by later generations
when smaller ones were not and this destroyed many garments.

Elizabeth Walton