From:
Laura Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 12:42:39 -0700
I have found that the single best, short, accessible summary of copyright
(although primarily dealing with text, not such things as costumes and
needlepoint) is the appropriate chapter of the Chicago Manual of Style,
which is probably in your museum's library, publications office, etc.  It
covers many of the fundamentals.

The recent discussions - and a similar conversation I just had with someone
off list about copying a haute designer's early 20th century dresses in the
collection - suggest that ALI-ABA ought to develop a session on these
collection-specific questions.  Anyone from ALI-ABA lurking out there?
Andy Finch - can you pass the idea along?

Laura Roberts