From:
Carole DeFord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 08:48:32 -0500
I have just received my 1996 course catalogue from Campbell Center for
Historic Preservation Studies.  These are very reasonable but very good
programs for mid-career training for those of us in small through medium
museums, living history houses and farms etc who have to be
Jack-of-all-trades due to the size of our institutions.

In addition to Architectural Preservation classes they offer an excellent
Collections Care program as well as conservation refresher courses.
In this peaceful setting in northwestern Illinois, the classes are an
excellent size to allow total participation by the "students" with great
hands-on opportunities and time to deal with problems that you bring from
your situation.  Classes are taught by experts in their field that most
small institutions could only wish to have access to.   They often are
even able to offer partial scholarships for tuition.

I urge you to call Mary Wood Lee at Campbell Center in Mt. Carroll,
Illinois at 815-244-1173 and ask them to send you a copy of their
catalogue. I have returned year after year to take week-long courses from
conservators.  You are welcomed with a 4 inch binder of information that
you will be thrilled to take home and use almost daily in your work.

I know that Suzanne Quigley on this list is one of the instructors and
I,as a long-time student, also would be glad to answer any questions that
you might not want to immediately poise to Mary though you will be
delighted at how easy it is to work with Mary and her staff.

Carole

--
Carole DeFord
[log in to unmask] (Carole S. DeFord)