From:
Jim Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 22:43:39 -0800

>Dear U.S. colleagues
>I am searching for BAND-AIDS - in a variety of skin colours.  Here in
>Australia you can only buy one skin colour or novelty band-aids.  I've
>searched the internet but haven't been able to unearth a company or
>companies that sell a range of skin coloured band-aids.   I know they are
>sold in the U.S., but have no leads.... They are for an exhibition at
>Melbourne Museum, and I'd love a contact name or names if anyone can help.

>Adrienne Leith

> =======================

Sept 20, 1999

Adrienne,

I wonder if you've contacted Johnson & Johnson, who makes Band-Aids.  Their
web site is http://www.johnsonandjohnson.com/home.html  They have an
impressively detailed company history printed and among their numerous
international offices, they list six in Australia.  It seem to me it's
highly likely they have a company museum and perhaps a company
historian/curator.  I wouldn't be surprised at all that if you contact them
and explain your purpose, they would give or lend you many items for your
display as well as provide more company and Band-Aid history.  Good luck.

Now a question to the group.  Am I the only person on Museum-L who, when
sending a message to the group, has it show up on everyone's machine but my
own?

-Jim Lyons
http://www.jimlyons.com

Museum-L" (without the quotes).