From:
"Millward, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:50:35 +1000
Katherine Ziff asked about working with "home'school groups". Back in
New Zealand before I moved to Melbourne I worked in a regional museum in
a city with about 100 families who were home-schooling their children.
We treated them like one school and they coordinated their visits for
themsleves,making bookings like any other school. They came in for the
same price and got the same level of service in terms of pre and post
visit materials. The coordinator of the group sent stuff round the
various families.It worked very well. We usually had 2 staff with their
groups so that we could split them in half by age.

Peter Millward
Manager, Education & Visitor Services
Melbourne Museum  [MUSEUM VICTORIA]
ph 61 3 9651 8162