From:
Montserrat Pin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 13:49:46 -0800
Dear Museum-L friends,

Surely, this question has been posted more than once.  I am sorry to repeat
it but at the Commercial Service of The Prado Museum, we are engaged in
preparing a report on how other Institutions finance themselves. And services
they provide, in order to both fundraising and also meet public demands.
I know it's too wide a question.  Here, we, at  the Commercial Service,
 have to do with a good deal of aspects of the external relations of the Prado:
 visitors, sponsors, donors and also we provide services such as permission for filming, private visits, rental of our Hall (I think that's  the name
in English for a sort of an auditorium; sometimes my English fails me :-)),
rental and sale of photographic material, publications, reproductions, items,
etc, etc, etc.
Also, we deal with the economic side of temporary Exhibitions.

It's not easy to know what other Museums do on this field.  Please,
can you share your experience with us?
Also, is there already any good report edited?  bibliography? web sites
to look at?

This is being an extremely demanding message !, please, do as your schedule
permits !!.  Thank you all  in advance.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I find these exchanges
extremely enriching, both for our Institutions and the professionals working on
them.

Have a happy new year.

Greetings,
Montserrat Pin