From:
Kersti Krug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 10:44:44 -0800
I'm responding to Rebecca Ann Wells' story about how Lisa Simpson's
"disovery" of truth in a museum case made "the Historical Society look
very unprofessional."  She (Wells, not Lisa) regretted that "museums in
the media seem to be looking foolish."  Though I agree that this was an
unnecessarily stupid TV plot, I think it's only when the media targets
"our" profession that we notice these things.  I've become particularly
aware recently of how foolish, incompetent, and just plain stupid people
are made to look in commercials.  (Is there a media plot afoot?)

Kersti Krug
Museum of Anthropology
The University of British Columbia