From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 1994 22:19:56 -0400
A few months ago many of you responded to a request from me
for information about museum hiring practices for our
New York University Museum Studies Association Career Day
panel. Your input helped us formulate questions and the panel
today was a great success. Not only did we get some answers but
the people from our local museums (Met, American Museum of
Natural History, Brooklyn Children's Museum, MoMA) got a look
at US. I think they were impressed. Thank you for your help.

Can anyone recommend a general business theory book that would
be useful for museum personel and MBA wannabes? More and more
I find myself face to face with investment bankers/art museum
trustees who actually brag that they know nothing about art and
I'd like to find some common language between us. Besides, a
little business business know-how can't hurt and I find that I
enjoy reading theory.

When you visit the Stonehenge replica at Maryhill, Washington
be sure to see the largest collection of Rodin drawings outside
of France as well as the miniature costume collection.

Just heard that Richard Nixon has had a stroke.

That's it.

Robbin Murphy
NYU/Museum Studies