From:
Andrew Cougill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:47:34 -0400
Hi Julie,

  Does the foundation require multiple signatures for checks or does
this single person manage it all? We require two signatures on any
check we write, usually myself (director) and our treasurer. Do they
use Quickbooks or some other software to manage their funds? How else
would the director manage the budget or do fundraising without direct
access to the museum accounts? Do they have a budget?

  Anyway, my suggestion would be to encourage the board member to
relinquish control to the director for obvious management reasons, but
the board should retain control by requiring a dual signature check.
The boardmember may be afraid of security and this arrangement has
provided ample protection for us.

Hope that helps,

Andy Cougill
Grissom Air Museum