From:
Iain Hoadley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:39:57 -0500
This is a request for input concerning the use of new technologies in
museums. I would like to hear from individuals who have experience with
the development of new technologies in the museum as well as its
implementation. Particularly, the use of the web, multimedia in exhibits
and CD-ROM. I have created a list of broad questions as a basis on which
to create a discussion for a seminar presentation I am doing:

1) What multimedia projects are currently being implemented by your
institution? Are there any projects in development or forthcoming?

2) What are your reasons for using new technologies, ( i.e. Revenue
generation, marketing, increasing accessibility.....)?

3) How does the role of multimedia fit into the mandate of your
institution?  Are there any formal policies or procedures in place?

4) What criteria exist for defining success,or lack of it, when assessing
the media and its production with the museum management process?

If there are any further details you can provide me with, I would greatly
appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to answer my request and I look
forward to hearing from you.

Iain Hoadley