From:
David Baccadutre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:45:01 -0400
The Pueblo of Isleta Department of Cultural & Historic Preservation wishes to inform you of our traveling exhibit, "Time Exposures: Picturing Isleta Pueblo in the 19th Century."

This exhibit is the first to be authored by a Pueblo community and provides unique insight into the lives and traditions of our ancestors and how they were forever changed by America’s westward expansion.

Beyond being a fight for physical survival, these events led to a struggle within our community between our resolve to maintain our culture and our distinct identity on the one hand, and the need to adapt to this new world.

Using a selection of over 150 historic photographs, interactive kiosks, and an array of artifacts, the exhibit portrays our lives in context of the cycle of our traditional year, the changes imposed over our way of life by the arrival of the Americans, and the ways in which our people worked to preserve our way of life.

Included in the exhibition are the works of many prominent western photographers of the 19th and early 20th centuries, including Edward Curtis, A.C. Vroman, A.Z. Shindler, Carl Moon, John Hillers, Charles Lummis, Carlos Vierra, Summer Matteson, Albert Sweeney and Ben Wittick.

For more information, contact David Baccadutre, Exhibit Coordinator, at 505.220.5919 or email at [log in to unmask]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Time-Exposures-Picturing-a-History-of-Isleta-Pueblo-in-the-19th-Century/105982556273204