From:
Tom Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 21:32:16 -0600
I should add that, in addition to the possible problem with reflectiveness,
we had an exhibit come through that used these labels in conjunction with
wall-hung textiles that couldn't be touched.  The font on the labels was
large, but not large enough if you're more than arm's length (3-4 feet)
away from the adjacent piece.  We also had a problem with the print losing
contrast (and therefore legibility) when put on a painted background.  For
specific applications, though, it's a nice idea!

Tom Vaughan

>We Tried somethin like that once and our director didn't like it because
>they were too shiney and hard to read.  Are the Avery labels on mylar or
>available on something that is non-reflective?
>
>On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, AURORE GIGUET wrote:
>
>> We have recently started using Avery clear laser labels #5663 and they
>> work wonderfully. Because they are clear they do not draw attention away
>> form the presented object, they also peel away from the wall without
>> leaving a film or residue. They come in a variety of sizes to accomodate
>> any amount of text. Before we were using card stock paper which had to
>> be cut to size and them affixed with 3M double sided tape, using the
>> labels is faster and easier you just feed them through your laser
>> printer, peel of the backing and fix them to the wall.
>>

>> Aurore Giguet
>> UNLV Barrick Museum

Tom Vaughan                    \_   Cultural
The Waggin' Tongue             \_    Resource
[log in to unmask]             \_     Management,
[log in to unmask]               \_       Interpretation,
11795 County Road 39.2                \_       Planning, &
Mancos, CO 81328 USA                    \_       Training