From:
Doug Powles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:34:24 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 11:48:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Our museum has several license platees that have porcelain fronts.  On the
front of the porcelain, however, are rust stains from other objects and being
improperly stored.  We would like to remove the stains if possible.  So I have
a few questions:

 Has anyone cleaned rust from porcelain, without damaging the porcelain? How
would we remove the stains and what kind of materials would we need to remove
the stains if we can?

 Thanks in advance!

 Cyndi Edwards
 Museum Curator

We have had great success on porcelain, acrylics and fiberglass with a
commercial product called CLR, available in most hardware and supermarkets.

Doug Powles