From:
Sabrina Henneman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:32:52 -0500
I strongly suggest you reference your state's abandoned property law for
museums, if they have one. NY finally got ours just recently, thank
goodness. You really should have legal title of Found In Collection or
Unknown Source objects before you get rid of, accession, or use them as
programming objects.

Sabrina Henneman
Collections Registrar
Genesee Country Museum