From:
Melinda Gilpin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:27:17 -0400
Hi to the list!
There are a couple of programs in Marion, Ohio that are done around
Halloween ...
The Marion County Historical Society does a great cemetary tour (not every
year, however) where costumed interpreters portray specific people buried
there.  I beleive they worked with one of the local churches last year for
additional volunteers and coordination.

Here at the Harding Home, we will be conducting "superstition tours" during
the month of October.  Mrs. Harding was very superstitious, and we have
researched many of the popular superstitions of the period (1890-1920) we
interpret.  The tour of the home will simply incorporate these
superstitions into various rooms where they are most appropriate, comparing
these beliefs to what are common superstitions today.  We will enhance this
with Victorian decorations for the season.  Simple, inexpensive, and a lot
of fun!

Good luck with what your organization decides to do!

Melinda Gilpin
Harding Home State Memorial
Ohio Historical Society