From:
Stephen Brand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:49:20 EST
In a message dated 11/19/98 7:03:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Does anyone know of a case where a paid curator+ED [or other employee] can
 also run for and sit on the board of directors of his employing institution -
 as a peer?

 I welcome your reference to such institutions which allow[ed] this practice,
 and the pro or con to such action.

 MANY thanks for your help... Laura >>

I believe this is improper and unethical.  I've had similar situations with
paid lawyers who are also on the board.  We need to keep things clean to stay
away from any conflict of interest.  There could be an argument against what I
say but if you keep things separate no controversay will cloud any crucial
descisions for your institution.

Stephen Brand