From:
Peter Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 19:07:50 -0400
Hi. We're visiting Manhatten for the first time in many, many years. We used
to know the city very well and are still quite familiar with it, although
the 'scene' may have shifted.

I used to stay up by Central Park or near 2nd Avenue at 51st (the good old
Pickwick Arms). But, of course, everything is now terribly expensive.

We'll be there just for a few days at the end of this month and are looking
for a nice, clean, affordable hotel (or inn, or B&B), with a private room
and bath. We want to be able to walk out for meals and jump on buses to get
around. No specific things we need to see, but museums are certainly on the
list (and everywhere).

We imagined something down towards SoHo, or up near the Park, but perhaps my
suggestions are no longer where we should be!

Character, cleanliness, location and, of course, affordable (the absolute
tops is $175-200US, if that's possible today).

Thanks for your help,