From:
Bob Oldham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 17:06:40 -0500
Didn't find a way to email you from the page so I'm doing it this way.
I'm looking for a database program that can track the approximately
600-800 interactive and passive exhibits we have now or soon will have
here at the Science Museum of Virginia. I need to have fields at least
for: Exhibition area; Exhibit name; Exhibit number; parts list with part
name/description, part number, type of equipment, comments, vendor,
cost, when purchased, quantity, current inventory, order flagging or
even ordering; and maintenance actions including exhibit identifier,
technician identifier, problem, who reported the problem, remedy, parts
used, hours worked, date reported, and date completed. (GASP!)

Right now we're using Paradox, which has been OK but can't handle the
size fields we need and can't do inventory maintenance. It also runs
under DOS, which is a bit of a pain. Any ideas about what might do all
that? (I looked at the list on your site and they're all aparently
collections management tools -- not the same problem.)

I'd be grateful for any ideas you might be able/willing to offer.

Thanks!

Bob Oldham
Exhibit Maintenance Coordinator
Science Museum of Virginia