From:
Stephanie Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 10:41:39 -0400
Nat,

The project you describe sounds very interesting, and I would like to hear
more about what you are doing.  I did my PhD at the School of Scottish
Studies, University of Edinburgh, focusing on the Fisher Family - Archie,
Ray, Cilla, etc.  In doing this, I interviewed a lot of Glaswegians (including
Norman Buchan) and performers about the folk revival in Glasgow in the
1950s and 1960s.  Glasgow was definitely one of the centres for the
folk revival, and that, I think, should be reflected in any oral
history/documentation of the city.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help to you.  Also, I'll be in
Edinburgh between November 12-24 to visit friends.  I hope to make a trip
to the BBC in Glasgow at some point.

Stephanie Smith  Center for Folklife Programs & Cultural Studies
Smithsonian Institution
955 L'Enfant Plaza, SW, Suite 2600
Washington, DC 20560 [log in to unmask]