From:
Wesley Creel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:12:09 -0500
Greetings from Memphis, Tennessee,
1.)  We are looking at using the job title Adjunct Curator.  An adjunct curator would be faculty member at a local university, who would be allowed by her supervisor (dept. chair or dean) to participate in a project at this museum, such as exhibit planning.  This museum would not necessarily be under an obligation for paying a salary to the adjunct curator, however, the museum could take care of some of the adjunct curator's expenses, such as travel.  The museum could also allow the adjunct curator to use the museum's facilities, collections, and other assets for research purposes at no cost to the adjunct curator.
2.)  In order to clarify the adjunct curator's, the university's and the museum's roles and responsibilities, we would want to have a formal written agreement between the parties involved, and the adjunct curator would also have a job description.
3.)  I would appreciate receiving any examples of memorandum of agreement, MOU, job descriptions, and other related documents to this issue.  I would also appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have regarding this matter.
Thanks,
Wesley S. Creel, Administrator of Programs and Interim Director of Museums
Pink Palace Family of Museums
telephone: 901.320.6370
www.memphismuseums.org