From:
Kay Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:16:16 -0700
On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Anita Miles wrote:

> We are a new museum starting up in the eastern portion of Ontario, named,
> appropriately enough, the Eastern Ontario Biodiversity Museum.  As far as
> we are aware, there are no other regional museums of this type:  there

Besides the natural history museums (which also encompass geology and
other natural phenomena), you might want to get in touch with the World
Conservation Monitoring Center, http://www.womc.org.uk , Species 2000,
http://www.sp2000.org , some of the links on the natural history museums
page at http://www.helsinki.fi/kmus/botmus.html, and, of course, the ASTC,
Association of Science-Technology Centers, http://www.astc.org .  Some of
the smaller natural history museums, like the Bell in Minnesota,
(http://www.umn.edu/bellmuse/atbell.html), are essentially illustrating
the biological diversity of a region.

Kay Lancaster    [log in to unmask]