From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:31:09 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Behind the discovery of Utah's newest dinosaur
The dinosaur he surreptitiously dug from the Earth represented an
unprecedented glimpse at a dinosaur family caught evolving from meat eaters
to plant munchers that would garner Utah international attention.

**  Dinosaur bones on black market uncover secret
Needing cash to continue secretly unearthing the beast, Walker lied when he
had to, telling prospective buyers the bones he mined were 100
million-year-old Utahraptor fossils from a private ranch near Blanding

**  The Torosaurus Project at the Yale Peabody Museum
This fall New Haven will see a new addition to its landscape - a life-sized
bronze statue of the dinosaur Torosaurus latus

**  Compliments of the Cretaceous
This interval in Earth's geologic history occurred roughly between 144
million and 66 million years ago, and lasted 78 million years

**  Dinosaur park to be built around Cretaceous footprints
The construction of a dinosaur park will soon begin in east China's Shandong
Province in a bid to preserve a large number of rare dinosaur footprints
dating back to the Cretaceous period
dinomail lists.
Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Feature Site: The Cleveland-Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry
More than 12,000 individual bones and one dinosaur egg have come from this
prolific fossil bed

**  Even we make the news!: NZ website caters to dinosaur buffs
It tries to capture that middle ground between popular information on
dinosaurs and the purely scientific focus on palaeontology

**  Other Fossil News: Half A Billion-Year-Old Fossils Found
Fossils found in China are showing off some of the organisms that lived on
the ocean bed 550 million years ago

**  What Big Teeth You Have! Crocodile Exhibit Has Bite
Following the extinction of the dinosaurs another creature quickly moved in
to claim it's place at the top of the food chain

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

NEW !  RSS news feed at this address:
http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service
to us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History