From:
Sarah Cloud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:46:38 -0500
Do the globes have flat (or mostly flat) bases?

You could lay strips of wood, hard plastic, or metal over the edges or
corners of the bases.  Support the ends of each strip with small blocks of
the same material, about the same thickness as the base. Drive screws or
nails through the ends of the strips, through the supporting blocks, and
then into the shelf or table beneath.  You wouldn't be puncturing the globe
or the base itself, just anchoring it down with the strips.

I'm not sure if this was clear or not!

Sarah E. Cloud
Worcester Art Museum Curatorial Intern
508-799-4406 Ex. 3027