From:
Patricia Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 1994 08:57:02 +0000
Re: putting databases on the internet

I agree too.

Buckinghamshire County Museum is planning to have an access room when
it re-opens next year, where our visitors will have the freedom of a copy
of our database, and also of the images (photographs and art) linked to it.

It would be great if we could get internet access, and let people telnet into
this computer during our closed hours.  But it all boils down to money and
staff time (which is only money spelled differently).

Even this limited access to a museum's database is quite unusual (in the
UK, anyway).  I'd like to hear from anyone working on database access
projects.

--
Patricia Reynolds
Keeper of Social History, Buckinghamshire County Museum / Freelance Curator

16 Gibsons Green
Heelands
Milton Keynes
MK13 7NH