From:
Roy Hemmat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:14:10 -0700
>I'm sorry to bother everyone but I'm having trouble signing off this
>listserv.  I followed the directions at the end of every museum-L email
>and sent a one line email to the address
><mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask] that
>read:   Signoff Museum-L   I received the following message in reply and
>was not taken off the listserv:   > Signoff Museum-LGet more from the
>Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
>Invalid option - "MORE". The valid options are GLobal, LOCal and NETWIDE
>(minimum abbreviations shown in upper case).     I also sent the following
>variations of the one line message but had the same results:
>Signoff_Museum-L Signoff Museum_L   Can anyone tell me what I'm doing
>wrong?  Thanks so much for your help.

Hi Isabel,

In looking at the error message generated, I notice a possible clue to the
problem you are having. -  It appears that you may have included additional
characters in the "Signoff Museum-L" message that you'd sent to sign off. -
The error message you've received for your troubles is indicating that you
have, in fact, sent the message "Signoff Museum-LGet" .. or something of
that nature. - These listserve computers are cranky when it comes to
demanding absolute adherance to their syntaxical protocols.

Try again with a message that ONLY has "Signoff Museum-L" as the message ..
naturally, without the quotes, and mind your capital letters as well, just
to be safe.

Roy Hemmat
http://www.museumstuff.com