From:
"E. L. Wimett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 13:39:55 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
   Sara Witter Connor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There is a digital camera avilable for IBM users called "Snappy." I is
>$89 and give very good images.

If this is the "Snappy" that has been highly advertised in the trades, I am
afraid it is not a digital camera, although it can be used for getting
digitized images.

It is a frame capture device (similar to the traditional frame capture boards
though it is external and uses the parallel port).  It can be placed between a
video camera, VCR, etc. and the computer to capture a single frame from a
videotape for use in computerized applications (e.g., presentation graphics).

It is very useful and created a new price break (although the cheapest I have
seen it is c. $179) but is NOT a camera.  The cheapest digital camera with
half-way decent image I have seen is the Kodak which has recently had its
price dropped significantly to c. $699.