From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:24:38 PDT
Once again, Ms. Nights, you have hit it right on.  I've been in on budget
discussion and planning at my museum.  There is no flexiblility for salaries
there.  All of the City services are asking for more money and getting less.
  Some of our staff is paid with soft money and work only when it is found.
Patrons don't want to pay higher admissions so we can be paid higher
salaries.  And if we did charge admissions high enough, museums would be
available only to the rich.

I don't have the answer, wish I did.  Maybe I could get rich marketing it.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Curator of Collections
Valdez Museum