From:
Marieke Van Damme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 06:54:49 -0700
Hi- I'm hoping everyone can do me a giant (and
quick)favor. Here at the New England Historic
Genealogical Society in Boston we are researching 2
portraits in our collection by a female Boston artist,
Jane E. or "Jennie" Bartlett (1839-1923). Originally
from Maine, she lived and painted in Boston,
Minnesota, Ohio and Colorado. Very little is known
about her; yes, I've searched all the major databases
and have contacted the museums that hold her other
works- they know nothing. However, through lots of
research, we know a good deal about her. What I'm
asking you guys to do is a quick search of your
databases to see if you own anything by her that
somehow didn't make it onto the usual websites. She
worked in oils and painted mostly portraits.
Feel free to contact me off list with any questions
and--fingers crossed--results!
Thanks!
Marieke Van Damme